Really, what are you going to do now?
Did you retire because you got tired of getting up every morning and really hated your job. Then maybe retirement is the best thing for you.
What are you going to do now?
- Travel (did you save enough money to travel in style?)
- Give back – work at a food bank or homeless shelter
- Plant a vegetable garden – give the vegetables to your friends and family
Where is your passion? What makes you get up in the morning?
- Get a job as a greeter? Is that your passion? Do you like to talk to people? This could be the perfect job for you.
- Get a job helping the church. The church always needs help. I am amazed at the number of volunteers it takes to run a church. Can you earn $30.00 a day. Didn’t think so.
- Part-time job at your old company? No, they don’t use part-timers.
I have heard some people say that retiring was the worst decision they ever made in their life. However, I believe that retirement could be the beginning of the rest of your life. At the age of 66 I am still working a 9 to 5 job because I really enjoy getting up and going to work. I really enjoy interacting with co-workers and help train the younger employees. If I retired from this job, I would have to find something else to do just to stay busy and feel productive.
Make retirement the best decision that you ever make and make it the beginning of the rest of your life.
One of the things you could do is to help other people make the most of their retirement time and have fun at the same time. One of the ways that I am helping people my age (I am 66 and retired) is to help them get money back on all of their purchases. Check it out here.